View Single Post
Old 2007-05-10, 00:50   Link #210
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Angry

So the reason I haven't given me piece about this yet is that I've sworn to myself I will finish up the last 4 episodes of the LOGH: Hundred Billion Stars Hundred Billion Lights OVA before doing watching anything else tonight (Which is almost like watching an entire 12 episodes series since they're each 25 minutes long excluding opening and endings and one episode is equivalent to about 3 episodes of most anime in terms of overall story critical content. The series doesn't screw around with its time.)

Anyway finally the 6th Iserlohn Conflict is over and now I'm ready to go back to Lucky Star episode 5:

Spoiler:

So it's come to this....WHAT THE FREAKING HOLY HECK HAPPENED WITH THIS EPISODE???!!!! This is without a doubt the single unequivocal worst episode of this entire series for me thus far. This was supposed to be good with the whole RPG summer break fun angle, but as people can see if they compare this episodes breakdown to last ones, I could barely find anything to talk about.

What was the point of this episode, to advertise Comp Fest and to score points with certain portions of the fanbase, it certainly couldn't have been comedy because the only amusing points took place between the 7:00-9:15 mark of the episode and even then it was a "ha" remark. Couple this with inconsistency in pacing (They literally would pause for what felt like 10 seconds at times inbetween lines and it wasn't even a pause for comedic effect, they just stopped), animation (Missing eyes, weird head shapes, Konata's face gaining and losing detail in one scene) and the ending and I can barely think of a single good thing to say about this episode. It was a waste of my time and I pray to god I can pretend this never happened. Not only that but to add insult to injury we've had to endure the same Lucky Channel joke for five episodes in a row. I just feel sick. I don't know if I committed an error in watching the dead serious LOGH before this episode and if I was in the wrong mood for comedy, but even then I should still not feel disgusted, just bored. I'm also not sure if it had something to do with A.F.K's subs, but yet again the presentation was just a step above abysmal for this episodes summer theme.

As it stands all I can give this episode is an extremely generous 3/10, because I did chuckle 3 times and the episode does exhist to get a potential 1 (3+1=4), but it loses points for the advertising and overall inconsistency (4-1.5= 2.5 rounded up to 3). I'm grasping at straws here people should also realize to give the episode the highest rating I possibly can. Also what I can give this episode is a prayer that this gets fixed by the next episode. I'm just.....Ugh.... Why?!

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-05-10 at 01:07.