View Single Post
Old 2007-05-10, 02:33   Link #218
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

@anime online: aye.. you hit it on the nail. That was the subtext in that one.

Yeah, I admit it... it is Kagami's fragile eggshell of toughness that dissolves into tears that makes you just want to protect and hug her. And the subtle blushing... the eyes... the way she eats... argh.

Unfortunately, I've not seen the ep yet to rate it...

Just got back from japanese class --- a bunch of adults who hadn't seen much anime got to see selected parts of episode 1 and 2 of Lucky Star. My instructor had asked me to bring in some good samples for listening practice and those two eps had a lot of vocabulary we'd covered in class.

About halfway through the ep 1 food discussion, I heard "o my god, its like real life... it won't stop <laugh>" ... then the laughter started. By the time I got to ep 2 there was general laughter every sketch.

There's the review from 15 adults, 13 of which aren't anime fans. They thought it ranged from grins to hilarious .... the only down note was Lucky Channel which they thought was completely wacky but didn't feel like it fit into the show. They thought the OP was insane but catchy and a number of them had real life flashbacks of karaoke hell during Kona's banshee wails.