Thread: Licensed Strawberry Panic!
View Single Post
Old 2006-02-01, 08:50   Link #18
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo
I can't stand this work, I don't consider it a true yuri manga. As effeminate as the main character was when he was a boy, he is still really a boy even after having his sex changed. This is just a common japanese fanboy fantasy since they can't stand the idea of an actual lesbian romance.
A japanese fanboy fantasy is to turn into a girl LOL

Anyway I'm sure many have heard of this its called diversity :P there are plenty of manga out there, yes you'll even find male oriented manga that has serious yuri relationship/relationships in them, but not many of these manga get animated, and those that get animated don't get treated well (HEN for example (a seinen manga)).

A more serious male oriented yuri manga is getting animated this year: Strawberry Panic! (serialized in Dengeki G's Magazine (a magazine for male otakus))

Is someone going to say that Strawberry Panic! is a serious male oriented yuri manga? probably not, if its not "common japanese fanboy fantasy since they can't stand the idea of an actual lesbian romance" they will claim stuff: "it can't be for guys its so sh**j*"

These guys that like to claim stuff, when the time comes are probably going to get flamed by me.

Yeah, if its a serious yuri manga they will claim its sh**j* and when it has fanservice or the guy turns into a girl its "common japanese fanboy fantasy since they can't stand the idea of an actual lesbian romance"
The above quote is taken from another unrelated thread, and posted here just in case (in case of what? you'll know later when (or if) I start flaming someone)

Strawberry Panic! is a novel/manga/anime for male audience.