Thread: Licensed BLACK ROCK SHOOTER TV series
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-06, 23:20   Link #438
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Not really, but it is soon to judge... I for one expected a lot more, that does not mean that this is bad in any way, just that it did not mean the hype fanboys generated.
lol, actually, all I've seen has been negative hype, both in general and in this thread. I've yet to run into any fanboys who were actually approaching this with high expectations. I myself, didn't have particularly high expectations for this anime, but the first episode delivered in an unexpected way that at least some of us found completely satisfying.

Quote:
or friends that belong to the same sex, not every relationship between characters has to be(come) romantic... even in anime
You don't need to deny this, you know...from the background of the OVA, to even the manga, and the maintained middle school setting, it is pretty clear that one of the principle appeals of this series is gonna be some awesome "soft" yuri pandering.

Quote:
Which was somewhat overblown, if not childish... I guess the second was intentional since we deal with elementary and middle school kids who perceive everything as serious.
The point of melodrama is to be overblown. I personally find it delicious in combination with yuri.

Quote:
Again not as surreal as in Yumekui Merry or Madoka Magika (for recent examples)
They key word for me is "poetic", not "surreal". Madoka Magica's witch barriers did great in creating a foreign ambiance supporting the intellectual/thriller side of that series, but Black Rock Shooter's backgrounds are pretty much mindblowingly/metaphorically gorgeous in supporting the drama and cinematics of this one.

Quote:
Unfortunately the anime character design will always have to compare with Huke's original art, and there is no way to fund such level of animation even for 3 minutes in each of the 8 episodes.
If they keep up the level of what they had in the first episode I will be more than satisfied.

Quote:
DxD is also enjoyable, that does not make it good
Black Rock Shooter looks to be satisfying to me on an emotional level, which is more than I can say of most any other pure fanservice series. I'm hardly claiming it's gonna be any sort of masterpiece but I think it's clearly delivering to its target audience.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote