View Single Post
Old 2012-03-01, 21:11   Link #768
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
*snip*
It makes sense that having two votes makes vote-splitting a meaningless concept. If a voter is splitting his vote, then he's probably not really that loyal a series voter anyways. In fact, it also kinda makes sense that it would attract block-voting; that's how it works in JSaimoe, in any case.

I thought like you in the beginning. But I've been proved wrong time and time again by ignoring its effects in fantasy predictions. It was, in fact, the first and foremost glaring mistake I made.

Sorry Triple R, but what makes sense is not always what is reality, what should probably happen is not always what happens. The stats speak louder than anything. Your only significant argument against this is that they've gotten weaker, but come now, it's only been several days; unless you can argue with a straight face that Kanade has the potential to be beaten by an Idolm@ster girl (sorry if I'm stepping on anyone's shoes here ) by the time SE rolls around, you're grossly overestimating the change in strength over time. Nor has fluctuations in the day of the match ever been shown to impact results in any visible way.