View Single Post
Old 2007-10-25, 12:15   Link #25
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

This is, I believe, the second time you've suggested that Najica Blitz Tactics is not an ecchi show. Perhaps it's because it was one of the first series I watched, but I think of it as a prototypical ecchi show. It is full of panty shots; at times it seemed like the producers were trying to set the record for the most panty shots in an episode. Not only do we see Najica's undies throughout each episode, but she's often fighting against whole armies of women in microskirts so we can see their undergarments as well. There are countless shots from behind and beneath the charcters that show, you guessed it, pantsu.

Also Najica's android sidekick appears fully nude in a least a couple of episodes, if I recall correctly. Perhaps her being an android makes her nudity more acceptable ("it's a machine, not a human"), but she still looks like a human girl to me.

Sure Najica isn't Ikkitousen, where the premise seems to be "lets have girls fight and accidentally rip each other's clothes to shreds," but Najica still seems intentionally ecchi. Maybe I'm just an old fogy.

As an aside, it seems that shows like these aren't being produced as often by the anime studios as they once were. I find it rare to see a nude character in recent shows; even bare breasts seem much less common. Maybe it's just the shows I'm watching these days, but still I do have a sense, perhaps misguided, that contemporary anime seems less ecchi overall than just a few years back.