View Single Post
Old 2011-03-26, 14:43   Link #65
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I think there's way too much focus on the age of the characters. Wouldn't a discerning adult viewer prefer a smart, involving series about a teenager over a dumb, boring one about an adult?
I don't have a problem with smart, involving series about kids and teens; I have a number of such shows in my favorites list. I'd just prefer that they appear elsewhere in the anime schedule than Noitamina. It's not like there aren't already enough slots to accommodate those shows. It didn't take Noitamina to produce Noein, Coil, or Erin; it also didn't take Noitamina to produce Bartender or Mouryou no Hako. Still when I look at the offerings outside of Noitamina, there just don't seem to be many shows with the mature sensibilities we see in those latter two shows.

To shift the focus off Noitamina for a moment, what's happened to NHK/BS2? They used to carry shows like Planetes, Saiunkoku Monogatari, Twelve Kingdoms, and Moribito. I haven't seen shows like those from BS2 in quite a while. I admit to not having yet seen last year's Shinrei Tantei Yakumo, but that never seemed to create much of a vibe, at least around here. Hyouge Mono looks like a plausible contender, but fansubwiki doesn't show much interest among subbers in picking up this show.

[OT - With so many shows now being streamed, aren't there some relatively underemployed groups who might focus on shows like Hyouge Mono or Otona Joshi no Anime Time? My suggestion about the latter seems to have fallen on deaf ears over in the "who is going to sub what" thread.]
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote