View Single Post
Old 2011-09-04, 05:19   Link #95
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
I really dont like Itachi's lecture to Naruto,

It just makes that

Naruto = still a kid after all

also Itachi said that "If you become arrogant and forget others, you will one day become like madara"

I was like... WTF... how can I trust naruto now? so he didnt grow up after all? is that it?
He's 16 years old and the type of personality who is driven by emotions, what did you expect?
The "lecture" was a very good part of the manga, for both Itachi's and Naruto's characters. After all what happened to him Naruto has too much self confidence, it's almost arrogance. One could say that the hero, the good guy, cannot be arrogant, he is the good guy who is saving the world. But the hero can have bad traits too, and these bad traits can grow to be even worse, to the point where he either is not the good guy any more or he fails.

When we saw Itachi in the flashbacks being questioned by 3 members of the Uchiha police force, he beat them down and gave them an arrogant speech, we could see how as a genius of ninja arts Itachi has become arrogant, he wanted to do everything by himself and he failed. But Itachi was a child back then, but later as a grown up he realized his past mistakes, but it was too late then, but now at least he could give a life lesson to Naruto. This "lecture" was one of those things why i like this manga better than others.

As for comparing Madara to Naruto that's kinda interesting, maybe the author wants that in the end Madara has a flashback about his childhood, where we see how he became from a good child an evil adult. Kishimoto likes to show similar life story patterns for different characters and then compare them in different situations.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote