View Single Post
Old 2012-10-13, 21:30   Link #74
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I like what I like; you like what you like. Or, as an old saying goes, 'one person's trash is another person's treasure'.

And as for the Japanese and otaku overall...I just go by what I read on other sites, mainly sites like ANN. I don't know what otaku are like over there. I've never been to Japan. I only go by observations from other sites.

And not all of us female fans are crazy and yaoi-obsessed who surf deviantart and pixiv. I don't mind yaoi...but for the most part, I'm not a fan of it. I'm not a major fan of yuri either, but I do find that the yuri series I know of seem to be better written than yaoi series.

I guess I do have to admit that I like looking for art of certain characters...and I have dabbled in fanfic. It's a good way to challenge myself...or at least I think it is; how can I keep my story true to the creator's vision without it spinning into Mary/Gary Stu territory?

And there's nothing wrong with shipping people...though I seriously hate the ones that insist 'MY SHIPPING IS OTP!' Maybe it's me, but I do it out of fun.
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote