View Single Post
Old 2013-01-23, 09:03   Link #5611
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
And it’s starting to show some little cracks before the whole dam is about to break...
Well I didn't think the first season was amazing either and knew it had it's flaws so I'm willing to overlook a few flaws this time too. I'm not really expecting the most amazing storyline so I don't think the dam will breaking any time soon. That said...

Episode 13 & 14

Kira has once again returned to the storyline but I'ma little mixed on that. My opinion is still the same as previously. Athrun makes a much better protagonist and it's hard to see what role Kira could play that Athrun can't but this is just guess work. Kira could very well be given a unique role and that would make three unique protagonists so the potential is great.

The wedding, however, I just think is a needless and forced on drama. There's more than enough potential in her political conflicts and no need to regress her character this way in order to develop her again. And we already know the other Orb politicians are jackasses. We don't need to be shown that they misogynist jackasses too. Plus the whole drama feels contrite in itself. How is the wedding actually good for their country anyway? Is it really that kind of country that cares about shit like that? I mean, I do know what it's like to live in a country where royal weddings happen, but in my experience the cultural unity that forms isn't all that significant enough for Cagalli to make that kind of sacrifice. Maybe Orb works differently but I have no idea how Orb works differently and that's kinda frustrating. If you can't understand the context of situation, then how can you understand the drama that's caused by it? Gundams are in the business of beating enemies and saving lives, not crashing in on melodramatic weddings. Well hopefully that whole thing is over and done with and Cagalli can start moving forward again.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote