Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2009-10-21, 16:13   Link #2014
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
@K_Babyy: From what I can tell, your boyfriend sounds like a lovely young man and he loves you and your little girl a lot. I wish you both luck. ^^

Now I'm going to play devil's advocate here with your parents. I understand that you need to get away from them, and that they've tried to shield you all your life, but at the same time you have to understand where they're coming from. They love you a lot and they don't want you to make decisions you might regret, and (no offense to you or your boyfriend) the fact that you're almost nineteen and have a baby makes them even more protective of you because they want to keep you from making those kinds of 'mistakes' in the future (I know you don't consider it a mistake and I'm sure your parents love your baby, but I can't imagine that they ever dreamed you'd be a mother while still so young). They want you to live your life to the fullest and make the best choices you can, so for them, this has to be hard when they see you with a boy they don't approve of, starting a life they might not have wanted for you right away (what I mean is, perhaps they wanted you to go to college before you had a baby).

I'm not trying to be offensive or anything, but I can relate to your parents' concern. My family went through the same thing when my cousin had a child and the father abandoned them both.

EDIT: I should add, though, that my cousin's boyfriend was a jerk none of us liked, while your Casey sounds like a sweet, loving father. I just remember how hard that was for all of us, especially her since she didn't think he'd abandon her like that.