View Single Post
Old 2011-09-24, 11:45   Link #140
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Now, before the expected debates on which perks are (or are not) 'fair' start up, I'd like to take this opportunity to wonder what you chaps would have thought had the dev team also incorporated the 'badges of honor' concept from Uncharted 2. Quite simply, these are 'perks' that handicap the player in some way in return for an XP bonus (whether that'd be a per-kill bonus or a lump sum for every 5 kills in a match is open to debate). Some hypothetical negative perks and their Pro versions follow:
  • Not So Tough - take 1.5x damage. Pro - multiplier raised to 2x;
  • Half-Loaded: magazine capacity halved. Pro - total ammo carriage halved as well;
  • Soft Touch - weapons do .75x damage (excluding headshots). Pro - multiplier lowered to .5x;
  • With Bells On - highlighted on HUD and minimap of all enemies within 20m. Pro - effect covers entire map;
  • Butterfingers - 1.5x reload times. Pro - 1 in 6 chance of losing one magazine's worth of ammo with each reload
Naturally, each of these is mutually exclusive with its 'opposite' - for instance, you can't take Soft Touch and Stopping Power together.
Well I don't know, having negative perks may be worth a challenge for more seasoned palyers so guessing you'd have to limit it to it's own playlist rather than be part of the whole game but exp reward would def have to be worth to justify any handicap.

And also I do believe Stopping Power is not in the game anymore.