View Single Post
Old 2012-12-19, 13:06   Link #20
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Good to see we had a balanced episode with enough exposure of what happened, Rikka's mindset and Yuuta going all out to get her back.

The only "complain" I would have is: as far as Rikka knowing Yuuta was foreshadowed before (such as the "I finally met you!" in the first episode), it was also weirdly hinted she only realized later on (Episode 8: Rika made an expression that she "realized" who Yuuta was with a DFM flashback), so unless I took that flashback in a very way, it was a bit contradicting.
That being said, I'm quite pleased her chuunibyou actually had another core reason for its existence as I expected, which explains Rikka's ambivalent behaviour despite she didn't have any grudge against her mother whatsoever.

Whereas they could obviously expand a bit more of what would happen to Rikka regarding her family, the conclusion settle down her own conflict quite well, and it managed to made me fuzzy inside a wee bit, so I guess that worked (at least on me )

Anyway, I really liked how everyone had some role in the finale, and I must say that I really didn't expect Kumin and Sanae to show up in this "fashion": for a giant "my pace" char, Kumin sure has the knack in mimicking Rikka's evil eye chuunibyou, whereas Sanae being an -actual- rich ojousama took me offguard