View Single Post
Old 2012-12-28, 08:59   Link #67
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Depends what you mean by failed though. I consider Ef a major success, Koi Senkyo enjoyable, Fortune Arterial (which outright failed in many's eyes) a disservice to the game but decent enough to watch still etc.
Failed VN's as in Chaos;Head or OreTsuba (don't think that any explanations are needed for those)

Quote:
Why do you set your expectations so high when you know game to anime will inevitably lose some of the feel along the way.
For the same reasons why fans are still defending the original work when compared to the original in every adaptation (doesn't have to be VN's or eroges, but for manga's (Light) Novels or games as well)

Quote:
I rather judge the success as...Did the company profit? Did your favorite writers gain credit and go on to write more games in success? Were more games created as a result?
Depends, sometimes they do but most of the time it doesn't seem that related. Like in what way did the anime adaptation Fortune Arterial benefit August?
The mashifony and koichoco anime only succeeded marginally when it comes to the sales of the psp game but for the disc sales it was below average.
Eventhough i am not sure how much the Koichoco anime impacted on the sales of ImaImo VN of this month.

Quote:
What vocal fans may say is just ultimately noise compared to actual impact on the games and writers themselves
Also depends, if the vocal fans don't buy the anime discs due to their dissastisfaction then it has impact.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote