View Single Post
Old 2006-03-07, 18:49   Link #6
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poyorick
A lot of people who've reviewed "Green Green Erolutions" hated it. They thought it somehow sullied the "good name" of the original show by including some sex scenes which weren't as nastily graphic as genuine H (thank goodness) but which were definitely a step beyond the innuendos and non sexual nudity of the previous 12 episodes. Well, I don't know about those reviewers, but I liked it. Frankly, I wish it had been a little longer mainly so they could have done a little more with the characters' stories and still had time for the sex.
Am I the only one who is baffled at this? The anime "Green Green" itself was based on an ero-game of the same title by the softhouse Groover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poyorick
So here I am asking what you guys think about this kind of thing. Anybody else think it'd be great if the studios that produced shows like "Girls Bravo," "Love Hina," "DearS," "Magikano," "Ai Yori Aoshi," "Amaenai De Yo!," etc. were to do "direct to DVD" sequels for adults that allowed their sexually frustrated characters to finally have their happy (naked) endings? Right now it looks like the only studio that kind of aims in that direction is M.O.E. ("Love, Love?," "Smash Hit," "Cosprayers") but their stuff is too full of lolitas for my comfortability.
A. The majority of those shows are already aired very late at night that only otakus would care to watch. Ever heard of the 24, 25, 26, 27, or even the 28:00 hour? Those are the times these show air.

B. Even then, since they are shown on the airwaves, they are subject to the censor boards of the respective TV stations. Standards of what is acceptable and what isn't varies from TV station to station. In either case, most anime studios do not know what is okay and what is not until they show it to the TV studio producers.

C. Hence, shows like "Girls Bravo" and "DearS" had a lot of nudity covered with steam of hot baths in the original broadcast run. But, if you watch the DVD version, those are taken out.

D. Many marketers already do these in forms of bonus episodes and extra discs when you buy the DVDs. Of course, I do not know how DVDs are done in your country, but it is already the norm that distributors of anime companies incorporate bonuses to milk even more money out of kimo-ota's pockets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesir
Well, thats tricky. Wouldnt that destroy a part of the hentai-doujinshi market? There are many excellent doujin artists (GUST/nf121 i.e.) out there and I wouldn't like to see them stopping, cause the big studios steal their costumers/fans. On the other side... I'd like to watch some of my favourite ecchi/harem anime, with more adult content.
No. If that held true, there wouldn't be ero-doujinshis that are based on ero-games. Try going to day three of Comike, and you'll see what I mean.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote