SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I prefer Salmon Sashimi anyway.
Salmon is more expensive than tuna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Farmed fish *could* be an excellent solution but typically, the "make money fast" thinking creates large monocultural vats of fish that tend to catch disease easily and then spread it to the wild population via seawater. It can be done right.... but :P
My sis is doing an aquaculture minor in uni now, and once she solicited my help in helping her design a free-flow sea/ocean based fish-farm pool because she had no idea how to put wires underwater (or run a water cycling system without a pump).

It isn't easy, and it is bloody time consuming to even design in the first place. I bet the official designers have more trouble than I have because I have to draw from BOTH my finance and engineering knowledge bases just for this stupid fish pool (I am an engineering enthusiast who is studying finance in uni.).

Disposal is a major problem because unlike a normal ecosystem where the fish waste and food scraps will be cycled into nature, a fish pool has to have a regulated cleaning system or the fish will get sick. This in turn, drive the costs up as much as 40%...and this means your capital has to be really bloody damn huge before you find a client for your fish.

Throw in the staffing costs, land and overhead, environmental tax...this could mean that farmed fish could cost as one that is caught from a far-off migratory school (e.g, a Japanese buying fish from a fisherman operating in Western Europe).

The best solution to drive costs down would be to play on the supply side of Economics, and that would be subsidy or venture-capital investment. The main idea is to regulate the cash flow through REIT-type funding, but the legal premises aren't even present in the first place. Combined with the subsequent inflation later this year, this inaction could result in further environmental damage for the decades to come.

And those guys in the Diet are going to simply retire without doing anything about it. Bliss.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.