View Single Post
Old 2010-06-03, 00:34   Link #326
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
They aren't impervious to dying; death just has a different definition in their world. They might be "passed away" from the perspective of the world they came from, but to each other, they are very much alive. And equally from their perspective, "vanished" people are dead--no one remaining in that world can ever interact with those people again, they have ceased to exist, they aren't coming back, there is no knowing what's "on the other side". Dead. And that remains the case even in the highly unlikely event that this is a coma dream, so long as vanishment is a total one-way process.
It seems like we're treading into the territory of semantics here, let's just stick to one definition for death because this is not going to get anywhere. It's apparent that any normal person would die from each particular situation that we're shown in this anime, so being impervious to death does apply. I certainly understand what you're saying but you seem to misunderstand the context in which it was used.

It's interesting to see the different reactions of people with different beliefs on what seems to be the right thing to do in Otonashi's shoes. I'm not entirely sure what the message will be in the end but so far, this anime exemplifies the unfairness of circumstances in life. I'm inclined to say that in the end, they all simply have to deal with the fact that life is unfair and that their life was not a waste. I'm more intrigued in watching the rest of Yuri's life, considering the fact that we have yet to find out how exactly she died.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"