View Single Post
Old 2011-07-16, 21:43   Link #23224
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by haguruma View Post
The complete Beatrice (endless witch + golden witch + lineage of Beatrice's) is born when Yasu finds the gold
I'd say the "complete Beatrice" isn't born until Yasu finds out about the problem with her body. Bitterness and sadness are also part of Beatrice's character.

Quote:
Holds some grudges against those who made her lead the life she had so far
I think ever since EP5 onwards, the story has tried to show us that Yasu had no grudge toward anybody.
Mind you, her having a grudge makes more sense in my opinion. With the exception of a few people, Yasu had reasons to hate everybody in that family.

Quote:
Beatrice (as a person) becomes basically obsolete as she has equal power in all her areas of life (this is basically the scene in front of the portrait in EP2 where Shannon receives the broach)
That's wrong. Beatrice never went away. Yasu/Beatrice found and solved the epitaph by the time Shannon was already in love with George.

Quote:
Her initial plans are destroyed when she learns of Battler returning to the island
You know, this makes me think about Battler showing up. Battler's situation with his parents was, for all we know, exactly the same in Lion's world. However, he wasn't in the island during the conference of 1986 in that world. This makes me think Yasu may have had some involvement on him going back. I'd say he may have "somewhat" remembered about his promise, but then I remembered he seemed to have completely forgotten about it when Shannon mentioned it during EP3.