View Single Post
Old 2006-02-13, 21:23   Link #47
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokia
Hi neodrag! I now understand why you hate the term "Cursed Fruits" It seems like 4kids changed many terms in One Piece so weirdly. Is that right? I was actually wondering why it was translated like "Cursed Fruits." If directly translated from Japanese to English, it is supposed to be like "Devil's Fruits."
Probably something like not wanting to upset the religious community... they probably thought that some poeple would get offended by the word "Devil" on a kids show...

Quote:
And I have actually seen one episode of One Piece on TV. I think that was 4kids. When I saw it, I though like, "What the heck is this openning song!!" What do you guys think about the song? Have you heard the Japanese version? I love the Japanese version called "We are". I guess 4kids had to make a directly translated version of it. (Maybe someone alse has already talked about it before in other threads, though...)
The english opening song is pure and utter crap... It seems to be nothing more then a sad and sorry attempt to "get in touch" with today's youth or something... a sad attempt at something "cool"
atleast they didn't go ahead and attempt to make sad parodies of the other opening songs

and it is not even close to being a direct translation either
The translation for "we are" can be found here
I'm not too fond of the 1st japanese opening(we are) to be honest, but atleast the song has better taste and meaning then the crap they put in the 4Shame version

Last edited by Slayerx; 2006-02-13 at 21:33.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote