View Single Post
Old 2013-10-11, 20:04   Link #46750
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Criteria Outline (rough)

Character(s): [This is self-explanatory. Once in a while, we'll limit it to one or two characters but for the most part it will say 'Any' for any and all characters you wish to write about. While we do have our preferences, this is also to help force us to portray the other characters, or more specifically, get used to portraying other voices other than our favorite. It's nice to spend time on the MC but if the foil and/or antagonist is 1 Dimensional, so to will your MC.]

Theme/Genre: [This may or may not stay, depending on feedback. Like FF.NET, this is more to denote if it is a happy or dark theme. The theme could probably be inferred from the keyword or phrase so, depending on you guys, this will stay or get axed.]

Keyword/Phrase: [Probably the most important part. This gives the focus and general direction of the fic. This is how *you* interpret the word/phrase given and write about it. We'll try to keep it away from things like a catch phrase that a certain character is known for unless otherwise stated. The words can be specific or ambiguous: take 'book' and 'IS Manual for Advanced Aerial Manuvers' for example. Be warned, the more specific you are on this, chances are the more silly I'll be in my writing of it. ]

Length: [This will usually be marked as 'Any' but we'll try to keep it between 50 - 1,000 words. Again, we're going for quality, not quantity. With that in mind, we'll work on descriptive narratives alot too. We are writing so that someone else can envision the scene as we see it in our heads.]

~*~

So that's my criteria list - if you got something to add or take away, by all means.