View Single Post
Old 2008-01-06, 00:02   Link #14681
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
This thread has become my official blog thread, lol.

Anyway, another update. As far as getting the polls and nominations, not only am I getting some help from todkapuz in learning how to write scripts, but there have been some people over at a programming forum that has been tutoring me into writing a good script in order to make the data secure.

If you notice over in the news blog, however, it states that I'm not confident enough that I can get nominations by the deadline. At the rate I am learning CGI, it may be possible that I can get nominations done myself. However, the request still stands, as I may need somebody experienced in CGI programming to help me run this tournament.

I look to be in good shape so far. I've left a poll template over at todkapuz's server, and I will be using that template for all the polls. Compared to what I've been doing over at the website, it looks kind of basic, but that's just me being a techie. I will not release the test poll to the public - more or less if I'm confident that a poll / nomination form is ready to go, I will call on a handful of people to test out the forms. Once I'm confident that the data is secure, the forms will be released to the public.

Speaking of which, I see there haven't been many hits to the website as there used to. That's expected, since I haven't really gotten anything going there, and the only things visitors should be checking for is updates, which I haven't really stated in the news section. I guess I want to start the incoming with the nominations, and hope that more people will come once the nomination form is released.

Speaking of releases, Shana's and Haruhi's profile is released. You should find that within the profiles are contestant's individual schedules, and some back-to-back dates seem really interesting. I guess I should tell you now that there probably won't be anybody who would be going undefeated.

If you want to take a look around, look for interesting stories, feel free.

Oh, one more thing. I don't know if I should leave a forum board for the International Saimoe League. I guess I might need it, but I want to know what you think about me putting one up there.