View Single Post
Old 2008-10-15, 21:59   Link #308
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
Oh, don't worry, it wasn't a flame or anything. I think it was just a regular thread about Lucky Star (which I think is deleted now). I found it on a different forum.

But that's an interesting note though. I guess that's a pretty good thing, but it does make me wonder why it was shortened by that much. Too much work to do?
Oh, no, no offense taken, I'm just a little weirded out that it ended up at SA of all places. I'm also not going to assume anyone will read beyond 5 pages of any thread...it's unreasonable torture to demand it from newcomers. >_>;;

I feel that Yoshimizu simply isn't interested in "traditional" long manga. I read in some interview that he admits he likes doing 4-koma best, and I've not heard of any "traditional manga" works from him.

This Kanata segment is the only non-4koma work I've ever seen from him (and frankly I like it). You can tell that he was jumping from one joke to another really fast, so it looks like he either doesn't enjoy or is simply not good at making the dramatic pauses we saw in the anime.