View Single Post
Old 2011-08-04, 13:17   Link #2487
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Unfortunately, we only have Hollywood to blame for instigating the trend of adapting as much properties as possible to the big screen, no matter how mediocre, along with the 3D hype; it's bound to continue.
Yet, movie studios (Japan & Hollywood) sometimes produce efforts that I applaud them for. Sure, their final product may be peculiar at best, but I find their efforts often worth complimenting.

Couple years ago, I saw the live-action version of Sakigake!! Otokojuku 魁!!男塾. For people who don't know what that is, it was a very (in)famous manga published in the mid 80s to the early 90s involving unbelievably over-the-top situations. The final product wasn't superb, but it was faithful (or as faithful as it could get), and worthy of a Saturday night popcorn session.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Live action Macross? urk...I hope they NEVER do that...
While I have a very slight interest in seeing a live-action conversion of Macross, most of myself is afraid of the end-product. Moreover, sometimes these live-action conversions end in 1 movie, leaving no room for continuity. Take the recent Yamato, for example...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote