View Single Post
Old 2010-10-15, 16:49   Link #7219
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
Risa is just . . . there, as a chorus member. Even minor characters need something distinguishing.
Risa does feel different to me then the other two, but it's hard to put it into words...She's like the brash, aggressive one, I guess. She's also simultaneously the dumbest and most self confident member of the group. I'd also say she has the simplest motivations--Miki is sneaky, but Risa just straight up enjoys messing with people.

It's true though that she has virtually no background or character development and what is there (Miko) is almost entirely unused.

Still, I think she works well enough. Not every support character needs to be well-rounded and three dimensional.
While I agree that Risa needs more development, there are hints being dropped that Hata does have a deeper character for her than simply a trouble-making Miko.
During her travel with the other two, she did hint that she had kissed a guy, which might indicate she's a Hero Of Another Story just waiting to be told. Maybe she'll get an arc later on, when the story's back where Hata is happy with the way things are going/working/flowing/whatever again.
And maybe she'll get to shot another reptile, and explain why she carries a tranq gun.

About him leaving Nagi eventually, it's not going to happen. He has his promise of eternal protection over her (at the same time he thinks of his promise of eternal love for Athena), though I don't think that'll extend to romance.
That's not to say he, possibly, won't fall in love with Nagi, he's just going to protect her beyond the space of romance.
Even if she orders him to leave her side, he'll still find a way to protect her because of that promise.

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote