View Single Post
Old 2015-08-19, 13:03   Link #121
Glacium Frost
Rider Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero View Post
That's a shame. So Cecilia will bond with Akeno while Ichika will bond with Issei as well if those two couple meet. That's very interesting. I agree with that. Knowing Akeno's attitude, she probably going to show off how stronger her relationship with Issei is thsn Cecilia have with Ichika.

What would do you think Cecilia react when she lost to Akeno (in both romance and battle)? Akeno don't have to rely on the equipment in battle. Even if Cecilia equipped with her IS unit, she can't escape from Akeno's lightning because she can fly too.
It's kinda expected at this point for her. Cecilia is stuck collecting data for Blue Tears, which is the reason why she isn't all that effective in combat. Akeno was once the heavy hitter for the ORC until Kiba and Issei began stepping up. So on that front, she won't complain too much.

In Romance however, Akeno is an orphan like she is, with issues towards their father. Unlike Akeno, Cecilia isn't able to reconcile with him, nor was she really able to move on (Since her family issues plague her even now, by virtue of her arrangement with the government.). Akeno is also a Shrine Maiden, not unlike Houki and a tease like Tatenashi. Her interactions with the members of both the ORC and Issei's harem puts her in a position where she's respected by her rivals in love.

Compare it to Cecilia, she started out by insulting Ichika, putting his country down and even looking down on him in general, what happens next? Ichika 'lost' their match, becomes class rep because he show just that tiny bit of strength and later on grows to be a much better combatant than her (Even if it's partly due to equipment issues). Her friendship with the others? Rin argues back and forth with her, Houki thinks she's a wolf in sheep clothing, Laura's views might not have changed much from back then, Charlotte and the Sarashiki sisters? Her position in Ichika's group of friends is the weakest, with Ichika's interactions with her boiling down to his polite nature, else I can see Ichika brushing off her attempts to be friends.

As much as I am a fan of the series, I think many of us have come to see the flaws of the characters and plot. This is one of them.

Cecilia is useful for whatever political power she has, along with her know how of things. (Not related to cooking or romance, of course.) She would be useful should any of the group require funds for reasons, Rin even borrowed money from her before, according to Volume 9 translations. Use her fame to make Charlotte's situation known and save her from being jailed or something, look into official records to help out problems like Ichika's missing backstory, work with the Sarashiki for fighting off Phantom Task.

Do more than just being a model, Alcott, you might stand a chance then.

(Also, I recall from somewhere that states that Cecilia has a better chance of winning Ichika using her body instead of her cooking. lolz.)