View Single Post
Old 2012-01-08, 04:55   Link #17114
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Senpai - Wait, I'm confused about the matriarchal thing: Does that mean males born in the Sarashiki family automatically get gimped?
Highly probable, it's after all an elite family with specific rules.

Quote:
Side note - Didn't you already justify the bishonen/bihoujo thing by having make up accessible to people that can make them prettier? I'm also using this i Shadow as an in-universe explanation as to why everyone looks like a fashion model. Of course, this also amps Chifuyu's rep since she looks like that WITHOUT any make up
Yes, and this advancement in medical science, especially in this case: super-effective cosmetic product, couldn't be born without hybrid technology.

Still, the existence of impossibly pretty boy like Rito and Ren is still strange, especially that Ren just need light makeup to look as pretty as his Idol twin sister, while Rito's face turn androgynous that attract BOTH gender

Quote:
Side note 2 - Just realized a new problem with the justification: If anyone can get make up that can make them more appealing, then what's gonna happen to things like modelling? If everyone has a pretty face, wouldn't the industry die due to the fact that everyone is attractive so no one would pay to watch attractive people on T.V?
That leaves people that has NATURALLY attractive appearance somewhat striking when using make-up, just like what you said about Chifuyu. Also, Run and Lala in my case.

This means "Generic Attractiveness" and "The Beautiful People" tropes being played with. Also, just like in real life, even cosmetic has grades.

Also note that anything can't be fixed by make up (such as odd facial structure) will stay noticeable anyway.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-01-08 at 05:06.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote