View Single Post
Old 2008-06-07, 12:11   Link #985
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Heart View Post
@ Wild Goose: lolz sometimes when read some fictions, have in them some madness, it make you wonder what the hell or you go all laughing about them.
That's pretty much what Macross OC is for. It's to laugh at. For instance, Aaron is second in skill only to Max and Millia Jenius because his cockpit is a shrine to Hayate; he's basically running not on the Power of Love, but on HAYATE-CHAN NO AI WO CHIKARAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
As for everyone commenting on the timeline problems, particuarly Goose:

I am already in the process of hammering out the problems mentioned with the common sense and brainstorming ways to feasibly get around it. My biggest idea at present is going back to the A’s epilogue and having Hayate join the navy instead of the ground forces, which introduces her to an OC captain who’s basically the TSAB’s version of General George S. Goddamn Patton. Where things go from here is anybody’s guess at the moment, but the most likely situation is something occuring during the timeskip which thrusts the Aces into the public spotlight in a very big and very heroic way. The military may not like the new kids on the block, but so far as the masses are concerned, they may as well be real-life superheroes, and as ATC pointed out to me, public support can be an extremely powerful weapon if it’s used right, especially in the political arena.
Now this here is a way that begins to show a light at the end of the tunnel (no ATC it is not the 10.15 express). Aces into the spotlight in a big and heroic way would indeed build up public support; the trick is how you use it and leverage your public support in the backroom wheeling and dealing.

See? You're starting to get the hang of this. *gives an apple*

The main thing I was unhappy with the whole "wowing" was really that it was rather unrealistic for everyone to be wowed on the spot. Sure the Aces would have their fans, but then for each fan there'd be a person who'd dislike them. Another alternative way to develop this is that the Aces have lots of public support, but internally in the TSAB it's a long battle to build rep and gain experience and wowing people by their actions - it'd take a while, since that's what happens with deeds, but as time went by the Aces would build a fanbase amongst the TSAB proper - you could have a situation where the rank and file loves the aces and the Brass dislikes them for coming in and messing up the status quo with regards to influence and the like.

Another thing to note: influence = leadership. If they can build greater spheres of influence it creates a greater political powerbase with more political capital for them to work with.

Anyway yeah I think I did overreact a bit here in a knee-jerk reaction so I'll step back for a bit and take a look at it when you're done more. Though my points remain.

Edit: ...Juliet Hotel Charlie, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot happened here? Garh another intervention from Aaron. -_-

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote