View Single Post
Old 2008-02-13, 23:42   Link #314
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidified View Post
I think the all-star games are really repetitive..

I mean the skills challenge isnt something to get worked up with. Its just player with good "ball skills" doing an obsticle course.
Same goes for the 3-point shootout. nothing special.
& what about the slam dunk contest? Well, there hasnt been much originality over the past years...dont get me wrong, there were really creative dunks...but theyr not dunks that would make everyone remember it for a long time.
Last but not least..the All Star game itself(including the rookie-soph challenge)...is it really worth watching guys fooling around and playing half-assed basketball? There should be a higher level of competitiveness that would actually show us how our "dream teams" would play in a real game.

They added the celebrity game, which is ok but..
I think the NBA all star weekends need more creativity..like maybe a classic 1 on 1 between 2 voted stars to actually see the comparison.
OR...(i was talking to a frend about this the other day) make the dunk contest between NBA stars vs. AND1 dunkers (that wud be awesome)

I'll watch the allstar weekend anyhow..but I dont expect anything we havnt already seen
I agree.
Also, that AND1 idea or any NBA activity involvement with AND1 would be highly anticipated, especially something like the dunk competition, where people like T.F. "Mr. Air Up There" can shine.

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote