View Single Post
Old 2008-03-01, 14:26   Link #1095
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

@Eidolon Sniper - I wonder if you actually really watched at least some major parts of SEED or Destiny. Because I have this feeling that despite you knowing all the storyline details, you seem not to understand my point which mostly circles not around the plot (which, as we know, is FULL of homages to the MSG and Z, but still has its different conclusions and numerous unique subplots), but more around aesthetic aspects like the style of drawing, overall atmosphere/mood and conventions. I never questioned what you ultimately said: that "Gundam shows present all facets of the war in different aspects, but essentially, they still retain the Gundam prerequisites in spite of all the difference the directors try to inject (as well as the writers) into each Gundam series". It is true. But still, I wanted others to see why I think that this difference aspect make CE series stand out among other Gundam shows.

And well, yeah, putting other evaluations aside, the Kira= Amuro comparison... I think that Yamato's role in Destiny was significantly greater than Amuro's in Zeta, which is a bad thing for CE. In Zeta, the "new protagonist" Kamille had such great character development... whilst Shinn's development was screwed up in the second half of the series. This is when Kira breached the boundary of what I understand as "cameo". He became a friggin' main protagonist, stealing away much of the spotlight from Shinn.

Last edited by Sir Dearka; 2008-03-01 at 14:44. Reason: I always write "spider" instead of "sniper".... :P
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote