View Single Post
Old 2012-08-26, 09:01   Link #1203
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Kagami is at the very least possible. if for no other reason than we know nothing about him. then kishi could just have a background story prepared that explains who he is and the motivation for his actions. but this is the same for any other character that we nothing about, which makes it not very likely IMO. i tend to agree with other posters that kagamis role was to highlight the uchiha as part of the leadership of the village. Hiruzen himself mentions this (during the flashback where danzo talks to itachi about sasuke) that the uchiha were comrades. kagamis place on danzos team is evidence of that.…But for kagami to be tobi at this point in the story would be a very painful way to go but i will not deny that the avenue is still not yet closed.

as for izuna, i really like the idea. some tend to feel that izunas mention by madara to the kages closes the case and that he is peacefully in the grave, but i would like the situation where he didn't die. he certainly would be as knowledgable at tobi is. he doesn't have eyes, so i see why he would collect them. technically nagatos rinnegan is his. but it is probably more likely that his purpose was to be the container that eventually powers up madara, and gives some cause to the "hate" madara has that he mentions to the kages…avenue not yet closed tho

as for obitio, i could make a list. i won't tho…tobi has his eye, he is using his power. he got a gaiden devoted to him. you could say those are all red herrings, but by definition you'd be admitting that the author is at least leading us down that path, and has been since the end of part 1. even it is not wholly obito (which i don't think it is), there have been a number of details to suggest its him and this last chapter has been the most "neon lights" of them all…avenue definitely not closed

for fun, i'll throw in the elder son…i mean if you plan to rule the world by force, how else to do it than an ultimate genjutsu…

whoever tobi is, i don't think he is the final villain…not when sasuke, edo madara, and the juubi are still on the battlefield

all that said, I'm hopeful for a twist. i kinda want it to be two faces under the mask...