Thread: Licensed Date A Live [Light Novel]
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-14, 18:31   Link #1196
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Okay so . . . any explanation about why ALL seireis are female? I know this is stupid question, but somehow keep bugging me all this time. It's just like my other concerns about why ALL angeloids in SnO are female, why ALL IS can only be operated by female (sans Ichika), and why ALL vampire ninjas in Korezom are female.

C'mon now author, please give my proper explanation regarding what you've been writing all this time, don't just throw out your fantasies without holding back as if there's no tomorrow. And no, don't tell me that it's because there's no any male in their species, it's too cheap and doesn't make it there.
If it really bugs you, pick one of the below

Possibility # 1: Male seireis do exist
  • They just can't cross over. It could be due to a power difference in the sexes either way (not strong enough to be called or too strong to be pulled)
  • They are the evil ones, doing this for fun.
  • They were sealed or captured, and the females were sent to find them.
  • They just haven't appeared yet. Traps on the way.
  • Specific seireis are being chosen to be sent over. Like the first, they are chosen for qualities that only appear in the female sex, whether just being female (if they are being sent just so Shidou can seal them for some reason) or strength (They are meant to rampage).

Possibility # 2: Male seireis don't exist
  • All seireis are female because they just are. Author appeal excuse.
  • Seireis don't have a sex until they manifest. The first took a female form and the rest subconciously followed suit.
  • Seireis are artificial creations in the other dimension, similiar to angeloids. They just felt like making girls.
  • Like the second example, no sex until materialised. Their sex is related to the fact that Shidou (who can seal them) is male. The person who started everything wants them to be sealed, for good or bad, and adjusted things accordingly.