View Single Post
Old 2012-08-24, 03:33   Link #35
Jouten

I sooo hope Smoker wins against Vergo. He really needs to redeem himself, because we all should know that he is stronger than his fight against Law suggested. (I mean that's like meassuring Zoro's power after he loses against Perona, or more recently saying Luffy is weak, because he lost against Caesar)

He is Luffy's Garp and I can't wait to see some of his new techniques finally.

Then again, Luffy is destined to fight the strongest, so I can see that Smoker is beating Vergo but then in the end loses because they have his heart (Like Monet stepping in and clutching his heart the moment before he delivers the victory blow)
But it's rare enough that a non-Straw Hat gets revenge time, so I'll keep my fingers crossed

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
Reason why Smokers been seemingly dull fighter is because he has never really needed much fighting against Luffy. He is logia-user and he has seastone jutte.

But not all strong pirates are devilfruit powered, so he has to be able to do something else than just be poking his stick around.
He already proved that he is a capable physical fighter when he kept up with base Luffy in Tashigi's body. I really hope we're gonna see how strong he is when he finally gets some real blows on someone. (Then again Smoker usually wins against DF users, once he lands a hit with his Jitte on them, and that's the reason why we never see how strong his physical capability is)