View Single Post
Old 2016-08-15, 09:49   Link #3865
Y Ddraig Goch
Chasing Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somethindarker View Post
Pretty much. He found out that Aiz wasn't an all powerful ideal adventurer that he built her up to be in his mind, he found out that she's basically just mindlessly killing without remorse just to get stronger. Alot of people thought Bell was just in love with her but it was more complicated than that it's closer to hero worship with some infatuation, kind of like when otaku's find out that their idol isn't the perfect little saint they built her up to be they get let down. It's a common trope and very interesting hopefully Bell's xp boost stays nerfed and that he even loses it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
If it does leave him though, he'll pretty much be lvl 3 for the rest of the story considering how hard it is to level up normally, unless we have some sort of timeskip.
I'd prefer for him to gain a new, more permanent motivation; for his idolization of Ais evolve into overall achieving his hero ideal and thus become the new point of focus for his ability. Him losing it so soon is the last thing I want to see.

His progress rate by volume would be virtually stagnant. But the eleventh volume's summary gives me hope regarding this issue.
Y Ddraig Goch is offline   Reply With Quote