View Single Post
Old 2016-08-16, 02:25   Link #3876
DerDoppelganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
No he didn't.

I get that some people don't like Aiz. It's understandable given that this is a harem series, and she seems to be the designated winner because first girl privileges.

But you need to stop making shit up to fit your fantasy. At no point in the summary did Bell become disillusioned with Aiz, nor did he lose his boost. And it was at no point insinuated that Aiz was some kind of mindless murder drone. She doesn't even know the intelligent monsters exist, and simply said if she came across one she'd still protect humans over it.

The only thing Bell became depressed with was his own weakness because he couldn't keep the incident from happening and had to harm other people to save the monster girl.
That's more like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somethindarker View Post
Then we read different summaries. Sure I simplified my recollections roughly but that's pretty much what happened, we don't know exactly why his level boost got weaker(I never said he lost his boost) but from what took place in the story and what it was implied one of the main factors was that he and Aiz didn't see eye to eye on how things went down he didn't like Aiz's answer to some question he asked her or something can't remember.

@kidstandout pretty much said it, I paraphrase and exaggerate a bit for comedic effect. But the way it went down is pretty much there.
As someone who actually read volume X, I can assure you that it is not the case, since it took place within a day and that this issue has been a recurrent problem since Bell reached level 3 between volumes VI and VII, with a small boost in chapter VI of volume VIII.

Bell's lack of progress is mostly due to his lack of meaningful interactions with Aiz, which have always resulted in his stats growing by leaps and bounds.

Their "falling out" took place at the end of volume X, so it is still too soon to speak of its consequences, or lack thereof.

Also, Hestia Familia is another limiting factor, since Bell has to protect his considerably weaker teammates rather than focusing on himself.

While they all possess skills and magic that allow them to fight above their weight class, it is insufficent for them to stop being a burden.

It is not for nothing that recent volumes have mostly taken place in Orario rather than in the Dungeon, since it is easier for everyone to find a suitable match when fighting other adventurers.

Acting solo is no longer an option, but being surrounded by stronger, more experienced teammates would allow Bell to delve deeper into the Dungeon, and to progress at a much faster pace. Sadly, that is not the case, unless the Xenos join his party, although Ryuu will help fill the gap in volume XI.
DerDoppelganger is offline   Reply With Quote