View Single Post
Old 2013-04-18, 22:44   Link #216
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
I found Raiden appealing in MGS2 but such game gave me a massive headache during its climax where the Patriots, Solidus, Fortune, Olga and Ocelot come up with lots of plottwists that mindraped me. It actually motivated me to replay the game in a harder difficulty to make a sense of what was going on.

What Solid Snake tells to Raiden is what exactly Kojima tells the player: Don't get so confused with words and just find your answer to your questions. Trying to make a sense of the plot was missing the message (and the ending was originally going to be even more confusing with Olga's identity not revealed.) From what I read Raiden was created as a weak character as an avatar of the player who tried to make a sense of the plot and see Snake's hidden depths. Then Kojima released Solid 2's antithesis, Guns of the Patriots, and tried explaining everything from Solid 2.
For me Iam like Jeremy Jahns. We're just gonna play this guy for a moment right then back to Snake right? Right? No we play as Raiden the whole 2nd half of the game.

If he wanted us to be an avatar as Raiden, we should have had a create your own character face in MGS2, but since it will be part of the series Raiden still needed a new character which alot of fans didn't like. Think of Nero in DMC4.

That's the only MGS game he made a mistake with. The others are fine as long as it's Snake.