View Single Post
Old 2012-12-14, 06:41   Link #1256
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
"She" should do what she feels is best for her without caring about what the "critics" think (because she's responsible for managing the talent she was given, and looking out for her own future).
So people in the position to manage great talent should close themselves off from outside advice entirely? They should only listen to those who agree with them, and disregard different opinions?

Ultimately, I think that a much more balanced and prudent approach is for those managing great talent to carefully consider the different opinions voiced to them on how to use that talent, to hopefully arrive at the best possible choice(s).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Mist View Post

If they come across as always doing the same, I think it has more to do with the directors wanting to do it, and the fans perceiving everything they do as "similar" as a whole just because the setting is the same.
It's not just the setting. And it's not so much what they do, it's what they don't do.

How many KyoAni shows could be considered Sci-Fi, for example? There's Haruhi and... that's pretty much it.

And you can't tell me that Sci-Fi is a "reckless" genre to get into in the anime world right now. There's loads of sci-fi anime shows over the past year or two, and many of them have sold well.