View Single Post
Old 2013-04-24, 16:10   Link #205
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
This part I do not totally agree. She seem to like to keep things to herself. Yui openly calls her a friend but she is very hesitant in admitting even that. Remember the part when she used the word "friend" but immediately corrected herself with "club member"?
Even then, she acted to defend Yui (and because Yumiko pissed her off). With Hachiman it's more difficult to tell what he's planning until after he's done it.

Another way to word it is that when comparing Hachiman and Yukino's "solutions", Yukino's methods are very simple. Having trouble making good cookies? Get better with practice. Need help at the festival? Work harder.
Hachiman's methods are far more roundabout in comparison. I don't think I need to explain this part.

Maybe "honest" isn't the right word for Yukino, but I do think she is far more direct and what she does than Hachiman or anyone else in the service club. Actions speak louder than words, and Yukino's solutions do not betray her pride or feelings. Hachiman always sacrifices his in order to get the job done. Even in the first case with Yui, he had to embarrass himself with the "friend of a friend" story where he got rejected to prove a point. Does anyone honestly believe he's not bothered by it one bit?

I think it still hurts him, but he's just simply used to it.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote