View Single Post
Old 2013-04-17, 00:52   Link #41470
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Genuine curious question here: How would one define as IS bashing?

Would it be considered as such if a machine fights on par with an IS that it results with both units sustaining heavy damage before one of them delivers the final blow?
I.S. bashing only qualified when the machine/character ubercurbstomp I.S.

It's irrelevant if they overtech or undertech on paper, story portrayal is far more important.

For example, Silverbacks are toted out outright as Anti-I.S. unit, yet faced realistic difficulties when fighting them. Old Minerva and other battle armor are considered knockoff, yet managed to go toe to toe with I.S. when the circumstances are right, and yet still shown as inferior when the circumstances are not in their favor.

Those two examples are examples not I.S. bashing, because the story portrayal balances it out, paper spec be damned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Can explain to me why My Little Pony is frigging popular? It boggles the mind!
I haven't watched it, but relevant fanfic, most of which are considered original Flavor, has dynamic character that avoid overt stereotyping, the plot might be too simple and borderline diabetic, but also avoid usual stupidity/idiocy that can be spotted by people outside it's demographic (little girls).

of course, then there's stuff like grimdark fic, lesbian shipping romp, or outright bestiality self insert. But that's already missing the point anyway.