View Single Post
Old 2006-11-28, 03:33   Link #59
division
x/0

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
My key thing is L can have [stuff], or anything else you can discuss that points to him being on the blood-trail of Light (And I mean everything but the finite evidence), but no matter who wants to use the blind-folded "Scales of Justice" for examination,... the bottomline is, a name and a face is all that is needed for Light's side of that mutual scale
That's hardly fair, IMO. While L is being less careful with his identity than Light (I haven't watch the most recent episode), assuming he's using a false name. Light needs to know "Xxxxx Xxxxx is 'L', and this is what he looks like" for his win scenario against L. L, on the other hand, needs to know that "Xxxxx Xxxxx is 'Kira'" to win.

I don't see why you think it's some trivial matter for Light to discover L's identity when L is in fact substantially more covert in his actions and behavior than Light is. Or at least to the degree where he can't hide behind the invisble hand of the Death Note, so he actually puts thought into covering his tracks.

Light doesn't strike me as deep-thinking enough to legitmately cover his tracks well enough to say "discovering his identity is near impossible" (supporting events: entire fbi "arc", and the end of ep 2).

Additionally, even if you want to say L only wins if he can send Light to jail... I don't recall them telling us that Light's been destroying or burning pages from the death note as he's been using it. Having a log book of all the people he's suspected of killing will be pretty incriminating, especially any unreported deaths or causes of deaths. Let alone the ability to see Ryuk at that point, who may even just explain what's going on.