View Single Post
Old 2012-08-31, 13:09   Link #70
sudolicious
Otoshi-gami in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
The whole "losing face" deal is much more important in Asian societies. As for "why caring", I'll answer, what's wrong with putting ourselves in his shoes and feel for him? I think even the more morally bankrupt anons and 2channers might feel a little sorry. Which may explain the reactions over the whole affair, some being inappropriate and disproportionate (the KitaEri tweeter spam).
No doubt that losing face in general is a way bigger thing over there than anywhere else, but it's not like he's never going to get another job or his friends would start bullying him or something. Some people here make it out like this was the biggest possible "humiliation" and start spouting about losing his face, when it was just a stupid prank. I'm not saying it won't damage him at all, that's one of the reasons why I stated multiple times that I'm not approving of this as well, but again, he's not gonna be home and jobless and abandoned from society because of this

And of course there's nothing wrong in sympathizing with him, but again, that's no reason to starting blowing things out of proportion

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2012-08-31 at 13:27.