View Single Post
Old 2009-11-18, 05:17   Link #1271
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
Sorry, wasn't trying to be judgmental, just tossing out a random opinion.

I couldn't agree more. I happen to be one who greatly values modesty. And attractive girls don't necessarily have to bare any skin to draw attention. But, when they do they're basically asking to be looked at... or more. It's just human nature and no amount of anti-harassment training is going to take away that part of human nature.

I still think there's a certain amount of responsibility on the part of individuals to restrain themselves from behavior that is degrading or hurtful.
I was playing devils advocate earlier, since it seemed that you were kinda reeeeally against the male side in this, and while you're correct in saying that everyone has to take a degree of responsibility, the girls half the time aren't so innocent in matters of sexual assault in Japan, rather, there are stories here and there of salarymen having their reputations and lives ruined cause some bitter teen called 'chikan' on them and blackmail them for brand goods and so on otherwise they'll 'tell'.
Sad state of affairs tbh, esp since Japan does the whole 'better to die than to live with shame' and so on...
Quote:
It's not compass, it's compress - a cloth wrung from hot or cold water which may be applied to any part of the body surface. A cold compress can be used to relieve head congestion, fever, swollen muscles, etc.

I think in the case of the question asked, it's probably just a convention used to show that someone is receiving some kind of attention for being sick or hurt.
My bad, I shouldn't be replying at 5 something in the morning when I obviously can't read the english language
Compress... don't we do that anywhere?
Esp if a person has a fever, it'd be to try to cool them down some.
But now I know what you really meant, nothing comes to mind about people doing that over here... but they probably do so for kids more than adults.
Remind me, if anyone knows the Japanese name for this item?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
That perspective treats rape as the result of sexual drives; most studies suggest it has much more to do with power and violence than sex.
Remind me of my self defence teacher
Most studies do indeed to claim that, although they speak from a Western sense and mentality, I dunno if men in Japan are consider 'powerful' over women outside of the workplace or politics, to be honest or if they really do see themselves as 'victims' to go.
"I really couldn't take it anymore... Her knickers flashed every time, she paraded around knowing that her skirt was too short."

But I can't speak for the mind of a rapist or a potential one, all I know is as a female, I've had to watch my back ever since adolescence kicked in and it's helps to give potential peeps less of an "excuse" by not tempting/cock teasing anyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
though rape seems to happen more to women but somehow i heard a new where a man was raped

soo it mean that that woman is more powerfull than that man??
Good question, I dunno what it’d ‘mean’ from a woman doing so to a guy to be honest... The only situation I can think of where it may include that is with domestic violence, if the woman is physically abusing the guy and then turns on him sexually and grabs a…uhh PG-13, huh
The man would generally have to be anally abused, but it begins if he he says 'no' and she goes ahead anyways.
However there was a story about a Russian woman (I think), who tied up a dude that tried to rob her store and she locked him up and had sex with him.
She then charged her with rape and she was sentenced.

Ah here you go
http://www.hubdub.com/m38755/Will_Ha...victed_of_rape

Slightly going off topic now with the ‘Japanese Culture’ thread, gomen.
In her case, they'd say cause she was simply horny? *shrugs*

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia

Last edited by Mystique; 2009-11-18 at 05:57.
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote