View Single Post
Old 2013-04-27, 23:26   Link #8451
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton_dawn View Post
The issue with Haqua being Keima's partner isn't that she's smart, it's that she's proud and therefore doesn't trust Keima as much as Elsie does, especially when they disagree. The second time around she had an idea of Keima's abilities and they worked together much better, but her lack of faith in Keima's decision making got her into trouble.

Elsie is much more willing to accept that Keima's methods work, so even though she complains a little, she implicitly trusts him to work everything out in his own way. That's why they work better together.
I think it’s okay for your partner to be proud. Look at all those buddy-cop movies like Lethal Weapon, Die Hard 3, 48 Hours, Guy Ritchie’s Sherlock Holmes, etc. Each of those partners have their pride and often question their partners’ actions but never fail to cooperate in the end. Not to mention that it’s your partner’s job to correct you whenever you’re doing something wrong. Haqua is like that. That’s why I said she’d make a good partner, while Elsie is efficient so she can take the assistant job. Plus, after all she’s been through, now Haqua’s trust in Keima is higher than ever, so there will be no problem of trust between them, I assume.