View Single Post
Old 2008-04-13, 11:29   Link #78
Nanaya
ハイパー武器英雄

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Drastically? I think not. He just showed his true repressed self, the self that Lelouch remembered from his childhood.

And again, whether he changed from S1 is hard to say because he hasn't appeared much in S2.
... that IS a drastic change. With that reverting back, EVERYTHING changes.

Quote:
So may the rebellion if it succeeds -_- Since it'd be a lot easier to not discriminate against each other when one nation/group is oppressing the other. The problem is that these are all 'what ifs'.

And to be honest, I don't think it'll ever happen, a world without discrimination or without violence.
America was pretty racist back then. Guess what happened?

Quote:
Wrong, the OotBK has hope. Todoh has hope. Consider what you said, the fact that Suzaku thinks it's 'hopeless' to fight the britainnians. If he truly had hope, he'd have joined the OoTBK. I think what Suzaku has isn't so much hope but a sense of despair, considering he also indicated that he wanted to die (or Mao indicated it by reading his mind?), proving that his beliefs in the beginning were nothing more than just something he spouted for the sake of rationalization when in reality, he sought nothing more than the absolution found in death.

So how can he have hope? A man who would prefer to die? Hope for what? That his actions will change Britainnia in the far-off future when he'd rather die? I find the two contradictory to say the least. He didn't join the army because he had hope imo, but more because it was the only choice he could choose after rationalizing everything that he had done and his own inner desire.
Suzaku has hope that he can change people without the need of actual rebellion which only leads to more supression.

And since he believes Britannia to be unbeatable, that is the only hope he has, hope in people (like the Britannians he knows) and hope that he can change the system with said people.

Quote:
And there's no proof he's actually good either -_- There's no proof of anything other than the fact he's extremely charming and intelligent, ie. very very dangerous.
There IS proof in the sound episodes and in the anime of his pragmatism. That alone is what makes it okay for him to become Emperor.

Nearly everything he's done, Lelouch would have done if he were in the same position. He nearly checkmated Lelouch's Black Knights using Euphemia's peace plan, something that he accepts as normal for an empire: acceptance of its conquered peoples.