View Single Post
Old 2010-01-06, 05:12   Link #6586
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
To me, even in the last arc Lelouch was still a hero, a hero with a bad publicity (that he chose himself). If he didn't go with the Zero Requiem, then Schneizel would carry out his plan, which will have more dire consequences for the world as he plan nuking large cities around the world. It was either the Zero Requiem that has little loss of life or Damocles Requiem that will have millions die to achieve world peace.
actually, zero-requiem was NOT about stopping shnizel
stopping shnizel did not require lelouch to become and evil dictator and turn the world against him
if anything, that makes it HARDER to deal with shnizel, because he has to fight the rest of the world at the same time
lelouch attacked the UFN because HIS MASTER PLAN requires that he become an evil tyrant

zero-requiem is lelouch's VERSION of the Ragnarok connection or the "damocles requiem" as you put it
its a master plan ment to fundamentally change the world to better suite the will of the one carrying it out, at whatever cost it takes
its lelouch adapting the SAME MENTALITY that he blamed the emperor and shnizel of having
the "utopia justfies the means" mentality that says "i know whats best for the entire world, and so it doesn't matter how much blood i spill in order to fulfill my vision"

which means, that even if shnizel WASN'T planning anything of the sort, Lelouch would STILL have gone along with his OWN plan
because thats what he WANTS to do.
and its even WORSE when you realize that if lelouch needed to kill millions to achieve the plan, then thats what he'd do
because thats what it actually MEANS to think that "utopia justifies the means"
you'd do ANYTHING it takes.