Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Chihayafuru
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-08, 23:56   Link #1336
GundamZZ
残念美人

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Party pooper.
That guy's character sketch, released by the anime magazine, convinced me the show will end with the whim. At first, I didn't believe it. It's too soon. Without rushing it, the pace actually reach this point. blah blah balh

Seriously, I feel sorry for the former queen. She has low self esteem. She knows she's too average, and she's the one who gets ignored. She somehow does well in karuta. She continues to play karuta because she knows someone will care about her. Her teacher will care about her, as long as she continue to play karuta. Although he has the bad personality, he is a good teacher. So, she works hard. The public view is that she becomes a office lady, so she loses the precious time for practice. She knows it's not the case. Besides, students are busy with their work, too. She is overwhelmed by Shinobu and loses the confidence.

Chihaya has the high respect for the former queen, although she's dethroned. Chihaya notices her victory is the result of the hard work. However, Chihaya still can't believe it. The victory at her grasp is overturned later.

It raises an interesting question. Chihaya witness her success to win the title, but Chihaya misses the lossing title match. Because Chihaya didn't recognize Shinobu, it meant she did not watch the national TV from previous year. How can a kaurta mania as Chihaya will miss the most important event of the year? I also notice this manga has covered emotions for many players, for winning and losing. It's more than sports anime.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
GundamZZ is offline   Reply With Quote