Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-16, 00:33   Link #24211
Tom Bombadil

This is purely embarrassing. Liu Bei, China's warlord who teach good management.

So this is one of a series of articles from BBC about ancient China. This particular one is about the three kingdoms, which appears quite often in anime stories as well, even if the burly man are turned into lolis. Anyway, here is an excerpt of the BBC story:

Quote:
According to Peter Bol of Harvard University, people still learn from it.

"There's a wonderful passage where Liu Bei turns to his closest confederates and says, 'Why do you think I won?' And they say, 'Because you're so great, you're such a wonderful general, wonderful this, wonderful that,'" Bol explains.

"And he says: 'No no no, you're all wrong. You, Han Xin, you are the greatest of all generals. You, Zhang Liang, you are the greatest of all strategists. You Xiao He, you are the greatest of all administrators.' And so on.

"He says: 'I can't compare to you in any one of those things. What I'm good at is managing men. I know how to manage people.' Which, when you think about it, is probably a good thing for a ruler."
So now Liu Bei talked to Han Xin even though they are about 400 years apart?!! Unbelievable! This is like saying that an apple fell on the head of Einstein so he came up with the idea of gravity.

Apparently, some people confused Liu Bei (刘备), the warlord at the end of Han Dynasty with Liu Bang (刘邦), the first emperor of the Han Dynasty. It is hilarious that they are writing an article on China, yet they don't even have any qualified person to check the basic facts.