View Single Post
Old 2009-12-07, 14:30   Link #95
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
I think the problem here is our definiton of reasonable because for me a reasonable perosn takes all the pros and cons into accout, thinks carefully about them using the things he knows and tries to think of any other cons that might show up. After that he does what he thinks is right. And for me Saten failed to this since for her (and by going from what you said you as well) doing something to a person's brain to give them powers in an uknown way isn't a danger to your health at all and I have a hard time agreeing with this
This is funny. Your definition of reasonable fits closer to most people's definition of wise. Thinking things through, planning ahead, weighing the consequences of your actions; these are all signs of a wise person and things that children are not expected to do. These are things that even most adults struggle with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
If Saten's friends' parents actually did charge her with endangering their lives, what would the verdict be? What would the punishment be? How much 'responsibility' do you think Saten would reasonably have to bear? While you might have sympathy for the hysterics of parents acting in this manner, such exaggerated and blame-seeking thinking would be nowhere close to reality.
To add to this, if parents were going to look at someone to blame, it wouldn't be Saten. They'd blame the developer of LU, not some random child among the thousands of users that fell victim to it herself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling
Why, in a world of scientifically based extra-sensory-powers, do we have to stretch our suspension of disbelief and the bounds of science to demonify a measly sound file? I made this point before, but the falling into a coma isn't even a 'side effect'. Level Upper itself doesn't have any side effects. The coma is a result of something else, in no way related to the normal functioning of the level upper.
Spoiler for Just in case.:

I don't think anyone would expect to fall into a coma from listening to music though. That's really stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
The fact is, Kiyama is using peoples' naivety and desire for superpowers to use their brains for her own purposes. If she actually cared about the people she was giving it to, why is she tricking them into it?
Spoiler:

lulz, such random things to respond to xD
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote