View Single Post
Old 2007-03-30, 03:27   Link #43
Noriko
白薔薇のファン。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I thought Koshimizu Ami was also outstanding as Kanako. Creepy and sympathetic and full of feeling. Just great. Tears to my eyes there, too. I haven't read the novels, but I had no trouble figuring out what was going on.
Yeah, I too really liked Kanako's voice and the seiyuu's acting

Tsutako's always looked pretty to me, but she looks even prettier without her glasses, a bit softer

Something I didn't like in this ova and in the previous one is the adding of the "romantic filter" as I call it, the soft white layer put on the screen when the scene is emotionnal... that always cuts off all emotions for me, and if there is something I'm enjoying while watching Marimite, it IS to get emotional
So it spoiled my fun when Sachiko was heading toward the panda... I couldn't get moved
It's like they put out a panel with "now! get moved!" on the screen and I'm a bit surprised then can't get moved at all.... I wonder if it bothers somebody else too?

The effect is similar to the big red roses blooming at the end of he Haru season, it troubled me a little but that scene was already so full of emotions that the adding only cooled down the intensity for me. This one, I remember, did surprise many of us when the ep was out.

Last edited by Noriko; 2007-03-30 at 03:50.