View Single Post
Old 2008-01-05, 10:45   Link #19
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
If memory serves me correct, Hiyama Nobuyuki is voicing a character in Mnemosyne -Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi-, one that is unusual for him to play, I seem to recall.

Also, if memory serves me correct, Noto Mamiko commented that the role of Asougi Rin is a particularly difficult one to perform.

Every Japanese website which has covered Mnemosyne -Mnemosyne no Musume-tachi- in detail that I have visited (eg., goo, AT-X) stresses that Yamanobe Sayara, head of Aoyama's Sayama Pharmaceutical Laboratory, is a sadist.

Describing Sayara as a "considerably sadistic character" and commenting that she is happy to voice her, Tanaka Rie seems to relish playing evil, if not crazy, villains: Suigintou in Rozen Maiden, Tomoe Marguerite in My-Otome, Morganna in .hack//SIGN, Nomura in Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai, Helga Neumann in Phantasy Star Portable (PSP local multiplayer RPG), etc. As someone elsewhere observes, "Rie Tanaka has one awesome evil voice."
Stressing the ‘seiyuu power’ might be a good omen for the complexity of the characters or the fact that the story lacks some depth. Anyway, I just hope this would turn out into a great psychological thriller. I don’t care too much about the story (or probably I do) as long as this explores the nature/behavior of the characters in a way that entertains me.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote