View Single Post
Old 2012-05-19, 02:37   Link #197
Dr. Casey

This is normally where I'd post about how I'm rather late in posting a review, but by this point I guess that me being a slowpoke is just something that you should be able to take for granted. School's pretty tiresome, and my Alzheimer's grandmother is becoming no easier to take care of. I do always read the story quickly after your updates, though, because this story's the best. <3

Okay, starting off with the branch of Mami Lives 10 where Madoka cheats on her with Homura... I laughed at the part where Madoka considers wearing sexy underwear during her visit to Homura's place, only to remember that she doesn't have any. That was cute. And then I cringed just a few sentences later, whenever she says that Homura might be the sexiest person she's ever met. To so quickly have stronger feelings of attraction towards a simple friend than the girlfriend you've kissed and spent some intimate nights with... damn, that is harsh. Poor Mami, Madoka's going to break her heart so badly that she might've been better off with Charlotte. ;_;

Hm, I think there might've been a slight mistake at this point: "After doing so, I took off my shoes, and took in the interior decor. That showed that Homura had a really exotic taste! Homura had paintings on her wall that were of such a strikingly surreal quality." Were the second and third sentences here meant to be reversed? This is the only potential mistake I was able to find, though, because otherwise Madoka's secret tryst with Homura was perfect. Time will tell whether this love affair is likewise a mistake (Seeing as the Bad Endings in this story tend to be brutal), but for the time being Madoka cheating on her girlfriend is a sexy mistake, at least. The existence of the spiral staircase was a nice touch that lended nicely to the atmosphere of Homura's home as being elegant and sensual, and the idea of Post-Massurrealism is neat and nicely lends to the story's setting of taking place in the moderately distant future (Since Massurrealism is still a fairly new genre of art, with the term being coined a mere 20 years ago). I wonder what Junko would think of this... she's very calm and understanding, but somehow I have trouble imagining her approving of Madoka's actions here. I'm thinking that she would be understanding and try to avoid laying a guilt trip on Madoka, but firmly advise her to get out of this situation before she hurts someone.

So, moving along to the reality where Madoka's faithful and isn't moving along down the road of giving Mami lifelong trust issues... whoa, it took ClariS somewhere around 50 years to become popular? D: (Madoka says they 'only recent hit it big,' and ClariS was formed in 2009...) They should have become popular in 2011 at the very latest, the Madoka opening theme is awesome. Hehe, FaceType Moon... Facebook's going to evolve into a pretty awesome form during my grandpa years. Drop is a really awesome song, and it's certainly the very longest Japanese songs I've listened to at more than eight minutes. Mmm, eight minutes of Mami bouncing those boobs around and Madoka shaking them hips... why couldn't I have grown up during the 2060s. I do wonder who would be the better idol between the two, though... Mami would naturally have an enormous headstart considering that she's much more outgoing and confident in herself (Compared to Madoka, who would start off her career as a shy, stammering, nervous failure), but once Madoka overcomes her stage fright and her earnest passion gets the chance to shine through it will become a tough matchup.

Next comes the Sayaka route again, something I'm always glad to see because Madoka x Sayaka is my favorite relationship in the story (Stiff though the competition that Homura and Mami give it). The mental image of Sayaka's bedroom eyes was a really nice one ("I could sense the romantic longing in Sayaka's voice, accentuated by how her eyelids were hanging more softly than usual over her eyes. Not exactly in a trance, but betraying an enchanting infatuation."), though I guess 'bedroom eyes' isn't exactly the appropriate term since she's willing to give them anywhere and everywhere, not just the bedroom. I smiled at "Ice creamy kiss," a combination of words I don't think I ever expected to read in a story. That whole scene was really sexy and fun to read, and Sayaka's complete lack of shame was pretty hilarious.

The highlight of the chapter, though (And indeed one of the highlights of the whole Sayaka route) is "I love you so much that it almost hurts, Madoka...” Sayaka said to me, “I... I hope I'm not overwhelming you, but it's hard for me to hold myself back right now." The feelings that Sayaka harbors for Madoka are a very touching mixture of raw passion and soft adoration, and this part encompasses the nature of their relationship wonderfully. ^^

Finishing off the most recent update is Mami Lives 11. I'm afraid that I haven't watched Tiger & Bunny, but thankfully the chapter is perfectly accessible to those like myself that aren't familiar with the material that helped to inspire this. I theorize that this is primarily a result of the fact that this story is always perfect. <3 I snickered at Madoka's initial response to Kyubey upon waking up ("God dammit Kyubey leave me alone"), and Sayaka being an actual stalker and hiding in the bushes outside Madoka's home was really cute. Jinnai's shaping up to be a very cool villain; he might come across as a somewhat silly, hamfisted guy on the surface, but his bravado is quite justified considering that he honestly is an exceedingly competent person. The man must have a really impressive backstory considering that he's already conquered five planets in the past, and there's of course the major impact he'd had upon the timeline of human history... hurry up with the Sayaka/Homura alliance, I wanna know more about Jinnai. I aww'd at Kyouko being 'oddly moved' by Kotetsu's heroics. Shame that they didn't manage to fully win Sayaka over, telling her dad that his actions that day 'didn't make up for everything' was pretty harsh. Forgiveness clearly isn't something that Sayaka's going to hand out too easily, Kotetsu's really going to have to work for it.

The next update will, I'm guessing, cross some new territory for the series: a conclusion to one of the story arcs. Really looking forward to it.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote